The renowned Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA, has become the first U.S. aquarium to feature 100% plant-based “menu within a menu” from Wicked Kitchen.
Through a partnership with SAVOR, the culinary division of ASM Global and the in-house caterer at the aquarium, a totally animal-free dedicated menu section from Wicked Kitchen is now available as a daily option for guests at the aquarium’s Café Scuba.
Featured items include:
- Crab Cake Po Boy Sub – Plant-based crab cakes, hoagie roll, Wicked Sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles with chips
- Crab Cake Salad – Plant-based crab cakes on a bed of mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots with Wicked Dressing
- Teriyaki Salmon Burger – Plant-based salmon patty, teriyaki glaze, pineapple, lettuce and tomato on oat roll with chips (shown here)
- Wicked Jalapeño Burger – Plant-based jalapeño-infused patty, lettuce and tomato with Wicked Sauce on an oat roll with chips
- Italian Meatball Sub – Italian-seasoned plant-based meatballs stewed in a house marinara with vegan mozzarella cheese on a pretzel roll
- Chorizo Bratwurst Sandwich – Plant-based chorizo sausage, grilled onions and peppers with Wicked Sauce on pretzel roll with chips
- Wicked Nachos – Tortilla chips, plant-based burger, chopped tomato, onions, jalapeños, and Wicked Vegan Taco Sauce
“With the addition of these 100% animal-free items to its existing environmentally friendly food options, the nonprofit Aquarium of the Pacific is committed to offering sustainable choices throughout the guest experience,” said Shaun Beard, SAVOR Senior Vice President. “Wicked Kitchen’s presence at the Aquarium of the Pacific is also an example of the increased commitment to sustainability from major venues and global brands.”
Way to go Aquarium of the Pacific! Now visitors now have more dining choices, including those that help the oceans and minimize environmental impact. If you visit the aquarium, check out the Wicked Kitchen menu!