- You can use tempeh or another plant-based protein instead of tofu if you prefer.
- For more protein, stir in some toasted cashews or almonds near the end of cooking.
- Bump up the veg! After browning the tofu, saute 1 cup (75 g) chopped vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers, green beans, broccoli, or cauliflower florets, and/or butternut squash in the pan. When the veg is tender, remove it from the pan and proceed with the recipe. Add the cooked vegetables back to the pan along with the dried spices.
- Add 2 cups (265 g) of frozen peas along with the dried spices.
- While you’re adding it, add 2 cups (60 g) of chopped leafy greens such as spinach or chard along with the dried spices. More veg, more better!