Peanut Butter, Tahini and Chocolate Chip Cookies
© 2022 Wicked Foods Inc. All rights reserved.
Super soft-batch cookies with a light, buttery crumb and an irresistibly nutty flavour. These guys are packed with dark chocolate, peanut butter, and tahini, without being overly rich. They’re easy to whip up and are a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
- Yield: 20 Cookies 1x
- 1 t psyllium husks, or 1 T flax seeds
- 4 T water
- 200g plain white flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t fine sea salt
- 100g vegan butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2 T soy milk
- 130g smooth peanut butter (try to use 100% peanut varieties if you can)
- 50g light tahini
- 160g vegan dark chocolate
- 2 T white sesame seeds
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- In a small bowl whisk together the ground psyllium husks/ground flax seeds with the water. Set aside to thicken into your egg mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the vegan butter, sugars, soy milk and psyllium/flax egg mixture until smooth and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and tahini and beat for another few minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and beat gently until just combined. Finally add the chocolate chips, reserving a small handful for decorating the top of the cookies later.
- Cover the dough with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, place scoops of dough around the size of walnuts on the prepared baking trays with a few inches between each cookie. You should fit 10 per tray.
- Top each cookie with a couple of the reserved chocolate chips. Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with the sesame seeds and the flaky sea salt.
- Gently press down each ball of dough with a fork. Don’t worry about making a pattern or design on top – this will disappear as they bake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, being careful not to let the cookies burn on the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan cookies, peanut butter & chocolate chip cookies