Plant-Based Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
© 2022 Wicked Foods Inc. All rights reserved.
This is the only vegan lock-down-proof banana bread recipe you’re going to need! Your kitchen will smell like heaven for about an hour after baking. This is the moistest, chocolate chip banana bread I’ve ever made – and it’s honestly so easy to whip up! So let those bananas go SUPER ripe and you’re ready to roll!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 120ml soy milk
- 2 tsp rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 150g plain white flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 65g light brown sugar
- 65g granulated sugar
- 75g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Grease and line a 19 x 11cm loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a blender, combine the soy milk, rice vinegar and psyllium husk powder. Blend briefly until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sieve and whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add the flaky sea salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, mash the bananas well.
- Add the sugars, vegetable oil, vanilla and thickened soy milk mixture and beat well until completely combined.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined. Add the chocolate chips, reserving a small handful for on top of the loaf.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the tin. Place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool fully before slicing.
Keywords: plant-based chocolate chip banana bread