Raw Chocolate Tart w/ Hazelnut Crust
© 2022 Wicked Foods Inc. All rights reserved.
This insanely moreish chocolate tart gives the illusion of being decadent but is actually super gentle with the refined sugar, is completely grain-free and 100% raw. The crust is made with a blend of nuts, cocoa powder, dates and coconut oil. It sets like magic in the fridge and gives an amazing texture to the base. The filling is almost like cheesecake but light and fluffy, combined with smooth hazelnut butter.
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
For the Hazelnut Crust
- 145 g raw hazelnuts
- 90 g flaked toasted almonds
- 70 g dried dates
- 25 g dark cocoa powder
- 55 g refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 T golden syrup/maple syrup/agave syrup
- Pinch flaky sea salt
For the Filling
- 145 g dark vegan chocolate
- 25 g refined coconut oil
- 3 T icing sugar
- 200 g firm silken tofu
- 100ml plant milk
- 1 t espresso powder
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T cocoa powder
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- 5 T hazelnut butter (or hazelnut praline)
- 1 T cacao nibs
- 1 T chopped toasted hazelnuts
To Make the Hazelnut Crust
- (Optional step) Place a large dry frying pan over medium heat. Add the hazelnuts and toast for a few minutes, swirling the pan often and watching them like a hawk (as they like to burn without warning).
- Remove from the heat and add the hazelnuts to a food processor with the remaining crust ingredients. Blend until all the nuts are chopped but the mixture is still chunky.
- Press the mixture into a loose bottomed pie or tart tin, starting with the base and then working up the sides of the tin. Place into the fridge to set while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of boiling water, making sure the bowl isn’t touching the water. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil, mixing often with a silicone spatula.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the cup of a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and place in the fridge for five minutes.
- After five minutes, remove the filling from the fridge and mix well with a spatula. If the mixture is set enough to hold soft peaks, it’s ready to pipe. If not, return to the fridge for a further five minutes and repeat until it’s ready.
- Transfer the filling to a piping bag with a large, round piping nozzle.
- Remove the tart case from the fridge and remove it from the tin and place on a flat plate.
- Piping straight downwards, fill the case with large “hersheys kiss” shapes, working your way around in a spiral until the case is full. Place into the fridge to set fully for at least ten minutes.
- Once set, spoon the hazelnut puree into the gaps between the chocolate filling. Sprinkle with the chopped toasted hazelnuts and the cacao nibs. Return to the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: chocolate tart recipe